Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1st Doctor's Appointment....SURPRISE!

I had my first doctor's appointment today and to our surprise.........

TWINS!!!



Twins run in both sides of our family.  Justin's grandmother, Betty Richey, is a twin. My grandfather, Roland Wright, was a twin.  My cousin, Kelly Wright, is pregnant with twin boys right now too!  We always joked that twins could happen but didn't actually think it would!  Justin even sent me a text message when I first found out I was pregnant that said, "How are the twins feeling?"  So imagine our surprise when we went in and had our first ultrasound and the doctor said, "looks like you have two!"  I was shocked and Justin had to take a knee.  Dr. Wood said it was the first time the dad had almost passed out.  Ha!

Dr. Wood said everything looks great!  The twins are in separate sacs, which is a good thing.  It means that they were either one egg that had an early split, or they are two separate eggs.  So they may or may not be identical.  It also means there could be 2 girls, 2 boys, or 1 of each!

I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and due December 11, 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment