Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy Doctor's Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday with Dr. Hjort.  They were extremely busy in the office that day!  We got there and made our last payment (Woohoo!) and then I was taken back with the nurse pretty quickly.  Here are a few of my stats:  Weight: 149.5 & Blood Pressure: 122/78.  Blood pressure was a little higher than normal...but still okay.  After a finger prick, they said that my iron was low so I was given iron supplements to take everyday. 

The office only has one exam room with an ultrasound machine in it, and that day it was full, so the nurse put me in a different room.  She said I would probably be moved once the other room opened up because I am having twins.  I sat on that exam table for a good HOUR until Dr. Hjort finally came in!  I was sooooo uncomfortble....I would've much rather sat in the waiting room.  But when she came in, I could tell that they were busy and in a hurry.  She asked about symptoms, we discussed heartburn and signs to look out for in case of preterm labor.  Then she measured my stomach, made a funny face, and measured again.....but didn't say anything.  She used the dopler-thingy to check the heartbeat....and said "The heartbeat sounds good" and then put it away.  I asked her if she heard both heartbeats and her response was "You're having twins? No wonder you are measuring so big!"  I was only 26 weeks and I measured 34 weeks!!  And she thought I was only having one baby! HAHA!  I guess she was too busy to glance through my chart before she came in!

So, both heartbeats were checked and they sounded good.  She could tell that at least one baby was head-down.  I got a script to go take the glucose test this week....yummy!  And I am now going for doctor's appointments every two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment