Friday, July 30, 2010

Sneak Peek at the Twins' Room

Last weekend, we were busy at getting the girls' nursery together.  The walls have been painted.  I chose a tan/sand color for the entire room to go with the "beachy" theme.  I went back and forth about colors.  At first I thought about pink with tan, then green with tan, and then blue with tan.  We got samples of them all (in several different shades) and painted them on the wall to see what it would look like.  After a few days of thinking about it, my boldness turned into simpleness and I decided to just use tan.  I knew that adding the chair rail would dress it up and give it a simple, classy look.  And I also wanted soothing and relaxing colors....just like laying on the beach!

So, on Saturday, the men went to work at hanging the chair rail. 
This is the room...."work in progress"

Justin's dad, my dad, and Justin hard at work!

I was so happy with how the chair rail turned out!  The guys did an excellent job!

Deciding how to arrange the furniture, with a little help from Joey. Haha!

Once the chair rail was hung, we moved in the furniture.  It was a little tighter than I thought!  We got both of those pieces of furniture from Craigslist (Which I am lovin' lately by the way!).  The changing table/dresser was $25.00 and the armoire was $30.00.  The armoire is missing a door, which my dad can fix...or I can just add baskets or I even thought about a curtain.  But after everything was brought into the room, it seemed a bit tight, knowing that we had TWO cribs that still needed to fit also!  So I may not use the amoire for thier room.  I'll have to see once we get the cribs in.

All in a day's work.....It's a good start!

I moved the armoire to the other wall for now.  Leaving a nice corner to put the glider in.  We got the glider on Craigslist that ended up belonging to someone from our neighborhood.  Justin didn't have to go far to pick up that one, which he was very happy about!  We got it for $70.00 and it is practically brand new, with a tag still on the back! 

Now all we need is the put the cribs together and finish decorating!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Would the armoire fit in the closet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, the nursery is going to look sooooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete